AutismUGA’s Awareness Committee seeks to better the community’s understanding and acceptance of autism. Some ways in which the committee works to promote awareness on the UGA Campus and in Athens:
- Free screenings of Autism: the Musical
- “Dawgs for AutismUGA” sticker campaign at home football games
- Participation in UGA Homecoming, including streetpainting and a float in the parade
- Autism Awareness Nights at UGA basketball and baseball games
- Sharing statistics with the student body on World Autism Awareness Day, April 2
- Putting together the Parent Resource Fair at the annual Athens Walk for Autism
For more information about the Awareness Committee, please email Emma Ashton at firstname.lastname@example.org.